Before submitting, please review the guidelines below and upload carefully. If you do not have access to scriptwriting software, consider using Celtx, a free online serivce.
This is a complimentary service for Colorado residents provided by the Colorado Office of Film, Television & Media. If accepted, your screenplay will be reviewed for notes. Please note this is not a competition.
Screenplay Format Sample (PDF)
Be wary of these common mistakes - please double check your work.
- Art on the title page.
- Typo/misspelling on the title page.
- Typo/misspelling in the first scene header.
- Typos/misspellings in the first sentence or paragraph or page.
- Triple/double spacing of every/many line(s) on first page.
- Lack of spacing between scene header and description and/or between description and dialogue and/or between dialogue and dialogue.
- Use of font other than Courier 12-point, ten-pitch, non-proportional (excluding the title page).
- Extensive use of bold print.
- Dialogue that stretches from the left margin to the right margin.
- Extra space between character name and dialogue.
- Description and/or dialogue typed ALL CAPS.
- Extremely narrow or extremely wide outside margins.
- Long, long, long descriptive passages.
- Handwritten or hand-printed script.
- Other glaring, non-standard format usage.
(Taken from the Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting)